All of our animals are being fostered by local families. This means the volunteers really know the personality, whether he/she is good with other animals or kids, and whether they have their basic training down. We have amazing volunteers who are happy to answer any questions you might have, so don’t hesitate to fill out your application to hear from a Fur Angels’ Team Member.
Here’s how our adoption procedure works:
- Research the animal.
- Many of our animals require special unique living situations. Research all you can on that specific breed, species and the personality trait of the foster. Consider if this animal will fit into your family.
- Is the living area set up? Where will he/she sleep, eat, and potty?
- Do you have food/ proper nutrition ready?
- Application Submitted
- Our foster guardian will check to see if your family is a good match for the animal, and if not will contact you will other suggestions.
- Our foster guardian will contact your vet/ landlord and check DNA lists.
- We verify if this animal is allowed in your county.
- Home Visit Scheduled?
- A Fur Angels Rep will contact you within 72 hours of receiving your application; however please note we are an all volunteer network.
- After an interview, we will either set up a home visit or suggest another animal that might be a better fit.
- If the Meet and Greet goes well, you will sign an adoption contract and pay an adoption fee that will help us help other animals in need.
- Send us pics so we can add you to our #SuccessStory Wall
Feel Free to email email@example.com or message us on our official Facebook page if you have questions or concerns.